Strider has been a heavy civil contractor for over 30 years specializing in Roadway and Site Improvements, Underground Utilities, Bridges, Environmental Remediation, and Water and Waste Treatment Facilities. We currently perform an average of $35M of heavy civil construction each year for both public and private sector clients, predominantly in the State of Washington. Our projects range in size from less than $100K to over $20M, and with qualifications up to $65M of contract work for WSDOT alone.
Strider is committed to providing our clients with more than just construction. We approach every project as a partner to the Owner (and their representative engineers) by exploring value engineering options, identifying potential constructability issues, and being part of the solution when problems invariably surface during the course of the work. This is a direct benefit to our clients and has proven successful for our company.
Strider is a known and proven entity in the State of Washington. We have continuously demonstrated to our private and public clients our:
- ability to perform the contracted work on time and under budget.
- responsiveness to change and uncertainty (flexibility).
- proactive nature relative to changes in project conditions.
- willingness to partner in the solution (value engineering).
- fairness in dealing with change, delay and other impacts to the project.
- responsiveness to the political/regulatory aspects of the projects.
- commitment to a high level of safety, as demonstrated by our Washington State Department of Labor & Industries Experience Modification Factor of 0.66
Strider has been involved in some of the most complex projects in Washington State. In our experience the greatest opportunity to reduce cost occurs during the planning stages of a project. Strider has the experience and knowledge necessary to assist in this process. Once Strider has joined your team we can review the project from both an engineering and constructability perspective. We currently have three (3) Licensed Professional Engineers on staff and numerous resources for solving the most complex constructability issues. If you are planning a project or entering the construction phase we would like the opportunity to present our services.